Jon Labukas focuses his practice on representing franchisors, distributors, OEMs and other manufacturers in litigation and business disputes. As the Vice Chair of the firm’s Franchise & Distribution industry team and member of the Automotive industry team, Jon possesses significant and wide-ranging experience in both the franchise and motor vehicle industries. This experience makes Jon exceptionally qualified to serve as a trusted adviser in nearly every aspect of a client’s business where he develops creative strategies and solutions with a keen eye toward achieving their core business objectives.
Franchise clients routinely turn to Jon for his innate ability to handle a range of issues, from day-to-day business matters to complex multi-party lawsuits. He has represented clients throughout the United States in both state and federal courts as well as in various alternative dispute resolution forums, including before the AAA, JAMS, and USA&M.
Within the automotive industry, Jon counsels clients on large-scale dealer network initiatives and has experience handling dealer improvement programs, incentive programs, and standards and policy implementation.
Jon also has significant experience in managing complex electronic discovery issues, including retrieving electronically stored information for review and production and managing electronically stored information for use in litigation and arbitration matters.
Additionally, as the Pro Bono Coordinator for the Washington, D.C. office, Jon also dedicates a significant portion of his time to managing and providing legal assistance to underprivileged and underrepresented individuals within our communities. In this capacity, Jon has worked on, among other matters, securing reduced sentences for low-level drug offenders as part of the nationwide Clemency Project and obtaining benefits for unrepresented veterans and their family members through The Veterans Consortium project.
Education and Honors
- The Catholic University of America – Columbus School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- The Catholic University Law Review (Staff Editor)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 2004)
- Major: Psychology
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- ABA Forum on Franchising (Member)
- International Franchise Association (Member)
- Falls Church Kiwanis Little League (Coach and Manager)
- Selected for inclusion in Washington, D.C.Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2019 - 2020)