Introduction to Chapter 12 Farm Reorganizations
For a comprehensive introduction to Chapter 12 Bankruptcy, be sure to check out this video, presented jointly by the Association of Chapter 12 Trustees and the Center for Agriculture and Food Systems at Vermont Law School. This panel, which included Quarles Partner Brittany Ogden, covered the basics of Chapter 12 bankruptcies, including feasibility, transitional and sale plans, tax advantages and the roles of attorneys the court and trustees.
Here's the full panel line-up:
- The Honorable Colleen A. Brown (Ret.), U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Vermont
- Peter Fitzgerald, Director of Loan Resolution, Vermont Economic Development Authority
- Professor Sophia Kruszewski, Assistant Professor, Vermont Law School and Clinical Director of The Center for Agriculture and Food Systems
- Brittany Ogden, Esq., Quarles & Brady LLP, Madison, Wisconsin, who represents creditors
- Rebecca Rice, Esq., Cohen & Rice, Rutland, Vermont, who represents debtors