Estate planning, counsel for fiduciaries on probate and trust administrations
Abbey Dunn helps clients with wealth planning and estate administration. She focuses on drafting wills, trusts, probating estates and real estate matters. Abbey also regularly advises high-net-worth clients on complex estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning. In addition, she:
- Prepares simple and complex estate plans, for individuals, couples and families.
- Assists clients with incapacity planning, including the preparation of financial and health care powers of attorney.
- Advises client on estate and trust administrations, including the preparation and filing of estate tax returns.
Abbey’s goal is to provide practical solutions for clients preparing for the expected and facing the unexpected, making traditionally complex concepts easier to understand. She assists individuals and families who want to steward generational wealth, transition family assets and practice philanthropy in ways that make charitable gifts go further and last longer. She assists those navigating sensitive issues like incapacity, special needs, devastating medical diagnoses, challenging family dynamics and blending families with real-world solutions. Abbey collaborates with clients’ other professional advisors to provide a comprehensive approach.
Experience in Action
- Prepares wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts, special needs trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, life insurance trusts and irrevocable family trusts.
- Represents business owners in planning and creating new business entities.
- Assists with the formation and application of nonprofit corporations in their applications for 501(c)(3) status.
- Represents clients in pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
- Represents clients in guardianship administrations.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Amarillo Area Young Lawyers Association, member
- Amarillo Area Estate Planning Council, member
- Amarillo Area Bar Association, member
- Amarillo Area Women’s Bar Association, member
- Southern Arizona Estate Planning Council, member
- Tucson Tax Study Group, member
News & Insights
- PresentationTrust FundingMidland College Estate Planning CLE
- The Case for Regulating Siting of Wind Turbine Farms in TexasTexas Tech Administrative Law Journal, Volume 19
- Class Actions Clothed in Righteousness: Appeals Court Rejects Bargain-Hunters’ Suits for Lack of InjuryWFL Legal Pulse
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
- West Texas A&M University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2014)