Breaking through the complexity of public finance transactions
Alex Gore is a public finance attorney who focuses on helping municipal and school issuers and municipal securities dealer clients. He serves as disclosure counsel to municipal and school issuer clients on individual transactions of all sorts. He also represents broker-dealer clients as underwriter's counsel on bond transactions in multiple states, and he provides broker-dealer/investment advisor regulatory advice. The types of projects Alex handles include:
- Municipal general obligation financing
- Municipal revenue financing
- Higher education, K-12 and charter school financing
- Stadium financing
- Tax increment financing
- Multi-family housing financing
Alex strives to make transactions as smooth and manageable as possible for clients by applying his extensive knowledge and experience in a way that makes the issue easier to understand. His focus on being an active, helpful partner to his clients allows Alex to help them achieve their desired outcome while being as protected as possible under the applicable securities laws.
Experience in Action
- Serves as disclosure counsel and underwriter's counsel across broad categories of transactions in multiple states.
- Functions as underwriter's counsel and placement agent's counsel to national and regional broker-dealers across the country in a wide variety of municipal and conduit financings.
- Assists his broker-dealer clients with a variety of regulatory compliance matters, including compliance with Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board rules, review of supervisory procedures and assistance on regulatory reviews.
- Provides disclosure counsel to municipal issuers in Wisconsin and several other states. Alex assists his municipal issuer clients in understanding their responsibilities with respect to primary disclosure and continuing disclosure.
- Coordinates his team's due diligence review process and offering document review and preparation, in his capacity as underwriter's counsel and disclosure counsel.
- Served as disclosure counsel in connection with a series of bond financings for a professional sports arena.
- Served as underwriter's counsel to a national broker-dealer on revenue bond financings for a public state university.
- Assisted municipal clients in complying with a national Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement initiative, including negotiating terms of a resulting enforcement order.
- Serves as underwriter's counsel to a national broker-dealer on a wide variety of municipal, school district and special entity general obligation and revenue financings. In addition, provides advice on compliance with Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, FINRA and SEC rules.
News & Insights
- News Release
- Presentation"The Increasing Importance of Primary and Secondary Disclosure"Ehlers Wisconsin Public Finance Seminar
- Presentation"Post-Issuance Compliance Policies and Considerations"Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials Fall Conference
- Presentation"MCDC Initiative (And Other Recent Regulatory Changes)"Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials Fall Conference
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Order of the Coif
- Wisconsin Law Review (Articles Editor, 2008–2009)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.B.A., with distinction, 2006)