Aggressive but pragmatic product and premises liability counsel
Tony Steinike is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer who represents clients in courts throughout the United States. He defends clients that include Fortune 500 companies and multinational manufacturers in litigation involving:
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Toxic torts
- Commercial disputes
Tony distills the relevant issues in cases simply and effectively. Highly responsive and available to his clients when they need him, he delivers strategic solutions that save time and money. Clients know that since Tony has taken many disputes to trial, when he goes to the negotiating table, he brings a readiness to litigate that drives favorable settlements.
Tony also brings a facility with the technical knowledge that often defines liability matters. He has prepared or deposed a range of expert witnesses, including accident reconstructionists, physicians, vocational rehabilitation experts, life care planners and mechanical, biomechanical, chemical and electrical engineers.
Experience in Action
- Defending product manufacturers against product defect, warnings and chemical exposure claims.
- Representing commercial entities in premises liability disputes.
- Representing commercial landlords in commercial eviction and breach of lease matters.
- Serve as national counsel for major lessor of construction equipment.
- Acted as lead trial counsel for major U.S. motorcycle manufacturer in the successful defense of a product defect claim involving an exhaust shield recall.
- Acted as co-trial counsel for major U.S. motorcycle manufacturer in the successful defense of multiple wrongful death product defect claims related to a brake recall.
- Represented Fortune 500 companies in mass toxic tort cases, including claims alleging exposure to dioxin and benzene.
- Acted as lead and coordinating counsel in the defense of several high profile and newsworthy premises liability wrongful death claims.
- Acted as lead trial counsel in the successful defense of a large retail tenant against a multi-million-dollar breach of lease claim where the tenant conceded liability and defended the case on damages issues only.
- Acted as lead trial counsel in the successful prosecution of a multi-million-dollar successor liability and piercing the corporate veil claim.
- Acted as lead trial counsel in the successful prosecution of more than a dozen different commercial breach of lease cases each involving damages in excess of $1 million dollars.
- Acted as lead counsel in the defense of a major agricultural and construction equipment manufacturer with respect to tractor and skid steer loader litigation.
- Illinois Super Lawyers® (2024: Business Litigation)
- Illinois Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" (2008–2016: Business Litigation)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association, member
- Chicago Bar Foundation, member
- Young Professionals Board, member
- Chicago Rebels AAU Basketball Club, board member
- Leading Lawyers Network, member
News & Insights
- News Release
- News Release
- News Release
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- DePaul University (B.A., with honors, 1999)
- Newberry Library Scholar
- DePaul University LCA Journal of Art and Entertainment Law (Editor)
- Merit Scholar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 2017