Experienced franchise and distribution litigation representation
Cassidy Jones assists clients across various business sectors with franchise and distribution, contract, employment, intellectual property, financial services and regulatory compliance matters. In particular, she represents franchisors in litigation involving issues of unpaid or underreported royalties, fraud, systems standards, trademark and trade dress infringement, and enforcement of restrictive covenants and other post-termination rights. Cassidy has appellate experience throughout Florida and in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Other issues she handles for clients include:
- Commercial matters such as business torts, employment disputes and real estate issues
- Unfair trade practices and unfair lending and consumer claims
- Internal investigation involving compliance and regulatory violations and employee misconduct
- Represented an international restaurant franchisor in constructive termination, unfair trade practices and civil conspiracy claims resulting in a complete summary judgment in favor of the client.
- Represented a vehicle data distribution client in parallel litigation and arbitration proceedings to enforce restrictive covenants and royalty obligations resulting in multi-million-dollar judgments against a former franchisee, its owner and a key employee.
- Represented franchisors in a variety of systems on termination issues and related enforcement of the franchisor's trademarks, restrictive covenants and other post-termination rights.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 company in a multi-million-dollar royalty dispute related to assignment of medical device.
News & Insights
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Florida Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of Florida (B.S., summa cum laude, 2007)
- Major: Journalism
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida