Experienced public finance counsel
Dave Groose has extensive experience serving as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriter's counsel and special tax counsel representing a full range of governmental issuers and financial institutions. To date, he has worked on over 550 bond and note issues totaling over $10 billion.
- Served as bond counsel to Wisconsin school districts on their long-term capital and short-term cash flow financings.
- Served as bond counsel to counties and other municipalities on general obligation and revenue financings, including private activity bonds.
- Operated as disclosure counsel to municipalities and school districts to prepare offering documents for federal securities law purposes.
- Functioned as counsel to school districts on their statutory and campaign finance compliance in connection with political referenda.
- Served as underwriter's counsel to national broker-dealers on charter school and church financings.
- Operated as counsel to municipal clients in complying with a national Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement initiative, including negotiating terms of a resulting enforcement order.
News & Insights
- News Release
- PresentationWisconsin Public Education Finance Academy
- "Municipal Borrowing in Wisconsin"Handbook for Wisconsin Municipal Officials
- Pro Bono
- MCDC Initiative (And Other Recent Regulatory Changes)Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials
- News Release
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2013)
- Senior Symposium Editor, Wisconsin International Law Journal
- Business and Tax Law Association
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.B.A., 2010)
- Major: Accounting
- Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity