Bond counsel and disclosure counsel for Wisconsin municipalities
Elisabeth Platt advises Wisconsin municipalities as bond counsel and disclosure counsel. In addition, she advises corporations on matters concerning lobbying, campaign finance, ethics and other compliance matters. Her experience includes:
- Assisting local governments with their financing needs through taxable and tax-exempt debt offerings by serving as bond counsel and disclosure counsel in connection with the issuance of general obligation and revenue backed debt.
- Serving as bond counsel to Wisconsin municipalities and districts issuing general obligation and revenue backed debt via private placement and public offering.
- Serving as disclosure counsel to municipalities and school districts to prepare offering documents for federal securities law purposes.
- Advising municipal issuer clients on their responsibilities with respect to primary disclosure and continuing disclosure.
While in law school, Elisabeth worked as a clinical law student at a consumer law clinic, representing clients in consumer protection litigation matters. Prior to law school, she worked as a financial planner, advising and educating clients on their budgets, debt pay down, retirement and other financial goals.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Policy intern, Wisconsin State Senator Lena Taylor, 2016
- Legal intern, Milwaukee Justice Center Family Law Self-Help Clinic, 2014
- Income Tax Assistance, Volunteer, 2019-21
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2021)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2017)