Experienced, thoughtful counsel on employment litigation
Beth Silker guides clients through all matters related to business disputes, with a focus on employment litigation. Areas in which she defends clients include employment law, breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and professional malpractice. She also handles employment counseling and commercial litigation.
Beth works closely with clients to develop a pragmatic approach toward every dispute, working efficiently and aggressively to obtain the best available outcome.
Experience in Action
- Represents employers in an array of employment-related disputes, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination.
- Aids employers in the enforcement of restrictive covenants, including noncompete, non-solicitation and confidentiality obligations.
- Counsels employers and develops creative strategies aimed at avoiding litigation, including leave of absence, workplace accommodations and separation issues.
- Secured summary judgment for municipality on inverse condemnation and negligence claims arising out of water damage to property.
- Obtained summary judgment for chemical manufacturing client on Title VII claims in federal court, where claims were based on race discrimination, age discrimination and retaliation.
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" (2009)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Legal intern in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Judicial intern for the Hon. Tatjana V. Schwendinger of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- Journal of Legislation, solicitation editor (2004-05), staff member (2003-04)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., cum laude, 2002)
- Government and Economics
- Omicron Delta Epsilon International Honor Society
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri