Growth-minded business law and real estate counsel
Gerry Connolly focused on helping clients preserve, protect and enhance their wealth through counsel on mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate and family businesses. He advised owners of closely held businesses on legal, financial and business matters. A substantial part of his career was spent working with clients involved in various aspects of the food business, including:
- Wholesale grocery
- Retail grocery
- Food service
- Food service equipment
- Convenience stores
- Provided strategic and financial advice for the real estate development, mergers and acquisition program, and legal affairs of the second largest independently owned food service company in the U.S.
- Directed the real estate development, mergers and acquisition program, and legal and financial affairs of a major food wholesaler with sales in excess of $2 billion.
- Directed the real estate development, legal and financial affairs of a regional grocery chain that increased its market share in its principal market from 3 percent to 33 percent in six years.
- Served as outside counsel of a major midwestern convenience store chain by providing strategic and financial advice and counsel for mergers and acquisitions, financing, regulatory and legal matters.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America® (1987-present: Corporate Law / Real Estate Law)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2005-2009: Real Estate)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Emory T. Clark Charitable Family Foundation, trustee
- D. B. and Marjorie Reinhart Family Foundation, trustee
- Viterbo University, Executive Committee, director and member
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Foundation, director
- Children's Circle of Care, co-chair
- Children's Hospital President's Council, chairman (1997-1999)
- Advisory Board Milwaukee Children's Protection Center (1992-1996)
- Corporate Directorships: Reinhart FoodService, Inc. (director, vice president and secretary); Reinhart Real Estate Group, Inc. (director, secretary); Reinhart Retail Group No. 1, Inc. (director, secretary); Diversatek, Inc. (director, secretary); Hatco Corporation (director); Hometown, Inc. (secretary); Medalcraft Mint, Inc. (secretary); Medovations, Inc. (director, secretary); RLH Corporation (secretary); Sunlite Plastics, Inc. (director, secretary); Water Blasting, Inc. (secretary); Wrought Washer Manufacturing, Inc.; Rainbow Foods; Alpha Cellulose Corporation; Fox River Fiber
- Military Service: Lieutenant JG, U.S. Navy (1966-1969)
News & Insights
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1972)
- Order of the Coif. Virginia Law Review (Editorial Board).
- College of the Holy Cross (B.S., 1965)
- U.S. Tax Court, 1973