Business, commercial litigation and bankruptcy counsel
Jeff Monberg represents businesses, financial institutions and health care clients in commercial disputes and loan restructurings, both in- and out-of-court, including bankruptcies, restructurings, collections, receiverships, foreclosures, liquidations and lender liability cases. He is the Chicago office chair of the Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group and actively practices in state, federal and bankruptcy courts across Illinois and Indiana. His clients include:
- Financial institutions of all sizes
- Equipment leasing and finance companies
- Trade creditors
- Health care institutions
Experience in Action
- Represented lead secured lender with respect to consensual liquidation of commercial HVAC business in central Indiana.
- Represented lead secured lender with respect to receivership and liquidation of operating cattle farm in central Indiana.
- Represents leasing companies, financial institutions, investors and creditors in out-of-court loan workouts and other transactional matters.
- Handles construction litigation matters, including construction disputes, mechanics liens and lender liability disputes.
- Represents banks and other financial institutions of all sizes in commercial litigation matters, including lender liability claims.
- Oversees foreclosure and sales of a variety of commercial properties, including construction developments, retail, industrial and office rental property and apartment buildings.
- Advises physicians, hospices, skilled nursing facilities, assisted and independent living facilities, and other health care clients in a variety of litigation matters.
- Represented a lender in foreclosure and receivership of four industrial and office properties in suburban Chicago, cross-collateralizing $14.1 million in loans.
- Represented a secured lender in the receivership sale of substantially all assets of a grain elevator operator in central Illinois.
- Represented a national bank in the loan workout and foreclosure of a 40-unit apartment building in Indianapolis, successfully resolving the loan prior to foreclosure sale.
- Indiana Super Lawyers® (2009-2013)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Hospice of the Calumet Area, Inc., volunteer, board of directors
News & Insights
- Presentation"What You Need to Know on Loan Workouts and Forbearance Agreements"Wisconsin Western District Bankruptcy Bar Association
- WebinarWebinar Only
- Indiana University Bloomington Maurer School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., cum laude, 1996)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit