Diligent counsel for commercial bankruptcy and state court matters
Jeffrey Monberg represents clients in commercial bankruptcy proceedings and state court matters, including commercial foreclosures, collections, receiverships and lender liability cases. He is also experienced in in out-of-court loan workouts and other transactional matters. His clients include:
- Leasing companies
- Financial institutions
- Other secured and unsecured creditors
Experience in Action
- Represents leasing companies, financial institutions, investors and creditors in out-of-court loan workouts and other transactional matters.
- Handles construction litigation matters, including construction disputes, mechanics liens and lender liability disputes.
- Represents banks and other financial institutions of all sizes in commercial litigation matters, including lender liability claims.
- Oversees foreclosure and sales of a variety of commercial properties, including construction developments, retail, industrial and office rental property and apartment buildings.
- Represents clients in consumer protection litigation. Jeff has experience with the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Advises physicians, hospices, skilled nursing facilities, assisted and independent living facilities, and other health care clients in a variety of litigation matters.
- Represented a lender in foreclosure and receivership of four industrial and office properties in suburban Chicago, cross-collateralizing $14.1 million in loans.
- Represented a secured lender in the receivership sale of substantially all assets of a grain elevator operator in central Illinois.
- Represented a national bank in the loan workout and foreclosure of a 40-unit apartment building in Indianapolis, successfully resolving the loan prior to foreclosure sale.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2009-2013 Indiana Super Lawyers® lists
Professional & Civic Activities
- Hospice of the Calumet Area, Inc. (Volunteer, Board of Directors)
News & Insights
- Presentation"Business Valuation During COVID-19: Considerations Before and During a Bankruptcy Proceeding"Quarles & Brady Seminar
- Indiana University–Maurer School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., cum laude, 1996)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit