Client-focused financial and accounting leadership
Karen Mazin oversees finance, accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, partner compensation, income tax reporting, treasury management, risk management and legal practice management. Karen specifically:
- Works closely with outside audit and tax firm to ensure compliance with accounting and tax reporting requirements.
- Manages the firm's financial systems to make sure they are meeting the changing needs of clients.
- Works with attorneys to provide analysis and benchmarks related to client, matter and practice group statistics to identify opportunities for increased profitability.
One of Karen’s key leadership principles is ensuring that everyone across her team works collaboratively and aligns their work with the firm’s strategic goals. Before joining Quarles, she spent eight years at a nationally recognized architecture firm in a management role for the firm's finance and accounting department.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Certified public accountant and a member of the AICPA and the WICPA
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- University of Michigan (B.B.A.)