Strategic and practical trademark and IP litigation counsel
Kate Bohmann combines litigation experience and strategic portfolio management to effectively secure and protect her clients’ intellectual property (IP) assets. Representing clients in a variety of industries and technologies – including electronics, Wi-Fi, consumer goods, telecommunications, media and entertainment, and resorts and hospitality – Kate focuses on:
- IP litigation
- Trademark portfolio management
Known for her clear communication style, clients commend Kate’s ability to distill complex concepts into concise advice and provide reliable, practical counsel.
Experience in Action
- Advising on IP disputes, including patent, trademark, copyright and unfair competition litigation.
- Representing clients in front of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and state and federal courts.
- Counseling clients on global trademark portfolios, including the acquisition, clearance, registration, licensing and enforcement of their marks.
- Advising clients on online enforcement, including social media enforcement and disputes under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
- Litigated approximately 100 matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Boad and federal courts across the U.S.
- Managed dozens of trademark portfolios comprising thousands of marks in hundreds of jurisdictions.
- Successfully litigated hundreds of third-party subpoenas before the federal courts across the U.S. and the ITC.
- Secured numerous domains from bad faith actor and enforced and defended cease and desist demands representing both plaintiff and defendants.
Professional & Civic Activities
- International Trademark Association, member
- Colorado Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, member
News & Insights
- News Release
- Article"How To Handle the New Domain Rules, Law Week Colorado"Feature Story, Print Edition
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2009)
- Order of St. Ives
- Denver University Law Review, General Editor
- Presbyterian College (B.A., summa cum laude)
- English Literature and Language
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Supreme Court, State of Colorado