Unflinching and strategic IP litigation and portfolio protection counsel
Kent Dallow advises companies of all sizes on intellectual property (IP) matters. Representing clients in a variety of industries – including sports and entertainment, hospitality, food and beverage, outdoor recreation, telecommunications, electronics and others – Kent focuses on:
- IP litigation
- Trademark and copyright counseling
Known as a strategic and steadfast advocate, Kent’s clients seek his experience and insight on a full range of matters, from developing a new brand to seeking to protect an established portfolio or litigating a dispute once negotiations have reached an impasse. They know they can rely on him to develop IP protection and enforcement strategies and to resolve IP disputes consistent with their long-term business objectives.
Experience in Action
- Litigating patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret infringement matters, including numerous cases in federal district courts and proceedings before the International Trade Commission (ITC), the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Advising on trademark and copyright clearance, acquisition, use, registration, transactional and pre-litigation enforcement matters, including international and internet-related matters.
- Defended a major consumer electronics company in a patent infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Defended a major semiconductor company against a multi-million-dollar indemnification claim under New York law.
- Defended a major semiconductor company in a FRAND licensing dispute in the Northern District of California.
- Represented a consumer products company in a trademark, trade dress, design patent and utility patent enforcement action in the District of Colorado.
- Colorado Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" (Intellectual Property)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Colorado IP American Inn of Court, board of directors
News & Insights
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2011)
- Order of St. Ives
- University of Colorado (B.A., with honors, 2006)
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Dean's List
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims