Taking a practical and reasonable approach to transactions
Kim Mahan advises clients on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), business transactions, general corporate matters, joint venture arrangements for real estate investments and corporate governance.
Clients appreciate Kim’s commitment to providing prompt, practical and reasonable legal advice. She endeavors to be more than just an attorney, striving to become a trusted advisor and a part of the business team. Kim seeks to understand each client’s business, which allows her to negotiate and close transactions tailored to accomplish each client’s specific goals and business objectives, in a timely and effective manner.
Experience in Action
- Represents buyers and sellers on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and divestiture transactions. Kim has extensive experience representing companies in stock sales and purchases, mergers, asset sales and acquisitions, and other corporate transactions for clients ranging in size and sophistication from large and middle-market corporations to family-owned businesses.
- Counsels clients on joint venture arrangements, always with a focus on achieving their strategic objectives.
- Advises client on general corporate matters.
- Represented a design and manufacturing client on multiple acquisitions and dispositions of companies.
- Counseled a client on several add-on acquisitions.
- Advised a manufacturing client on several strategic acquisitions and dispositions of technology portfolios.
- Aided a private equity client with acquisitions and sales of portfolio companies, including providing outside general counsel advice to portfolio companies in connection with day-to-day operations.
- Assisted a real estate investment fund client with multiple joint venture arrangements relating to the acquisition of multi-family and apartment development projects throughout the U.S.
- Advised a real estate investment fund client with several joint venture deals relating to the acquisition of warehouse, storage and distribution facility developments throughout the U.S.
- Counseled an energy supplier marketing company on the acquisition of project companies and projects.
- Advised a solar developer client on acquisition of project companies.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association
- PAWS Chicago Professional Board Member
News & Insights
- News Release
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Illinois Law Review (Administrative Editor)
- University of Illinois (summa cum laude, 2002)
- University Honors (Bronze Tablet)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois