Practical, experienced intellectual property guidance
Nicole Renouard helps clients in a wide variety of industries identify, protect and promote their brands in the United States and around the world. Nicole’s combination of private practice experience and her time leading a nonprofit law firm enables her to formulate practical legal solutions that are designed to assist her clients in meeting their business objectives.
Nicole is active in the southeast Wisconsin nonprofit community and has served in various capacities as an advocate, board member and volunteer.
Experience in Action
- Manages domestic and international trademark and copyright portfolios from initial product name ideas to registration for a variety of companies, including startups and global entities.
- Conducts clearance investigations and develops risk assessments in adopting new trademarks and marketing strategies.
- Handles trademark, copyright and domain name infringement enforcement actions and strategies, and assists in litigation matters in courts and before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Drafts and negotiates various intellectual property, software and Internet agreements, as well as IP provisions in large corporate transactions.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association, member
- Licensing Executive Society, past chair of Wisconsin chapter
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association, member
- University of Notre Dame Alumni Club of Milwaukee, past president & board member
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Grateful Plate committee member
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County, board member, co-chair of Education Advisory Committee, 2001-2016
- St. Monica School, volunteer and leadership positions (2010–present)
News & Insights
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2000)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1996)