Ensuring compliance and permitting requirements for health care entities
Rachel Dykema navigates a wide variety of regulatory and compliance matters for health care entities, including hospitals, health systems rural health clinics and critical access hospitals. She advises on nationwide licensing and permitting requirements for specialty, compounding, mail order, pharmacy wholesalers and third-party logistics providers (3PL.)
Rachel is passionate about reduction of harm in the criminal system. She works extensively with the American Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section establishing comprehensive standards on diversion and alternatives to incarceration, assisting with the drafting and structure to help mitigate and reduce over-incarceration and collateral consequences.
Experience in Action
- Analyzes and ensures compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation (CoP) for hospitals, critical access hospitals and rural health clinics.
- Advises hospitals on medical staff corrective action issues, peer review and HCQIA compliance.
- Evaluates National Practitioner Databank (NPDB) clinician reporting.
- Analyzes requirements for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance.
- Establishes Accountable Care Organizations (ACO.)
- Advises pharmaceutical clients on nationwide pharmaceutical licensing requirements for resident and non-resident pharmacies, wholesalers, 3PLs and manufacturers.
- Managing multi-state change of ownership (CHOW), change of name, change of officers and de novo licensing initiatives for pharmaceutical entities.
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association Diversion Standards Task Force, assistant reporter, member
- American Bar Association, member
- American Health Law Association, member
News & Insights
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- Bercovici Prize for Excellence in Jurisprudence and Legal Philosophy; Dean's Academic Achievement Award; Best Performance in Civil Procedure I
- Wisconsin Law Review (Senior Articles Editor)
- Luther College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Majors: Political Science and Business Management