Federal and state commercial litigation guidance
Rachel Schafer focuses on civil litigation matters, particularly within the medical device industry. She has experience at all stages of litigation in both federal and state courts, including drafting pleadings and motions, arguing at hearings, taking depositions, negotiating at mediations and preparing cases for trial. Rachel also has significant e-discovery experience. She helps represent businesses in a variety of matters involving:
- Commercial contract disputes
- Product liability
- Competition law
- Business torts
- Other complex commercial litigation matters
Experience in Action
- Litigates disputes concerning restrictive covenants in employment agreements.
- Leads e-discovery review teams.
- Handles disputes involving distribution agreements and supplier agreements.
- Advises business regarding the drafting of non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements.
- Litigated and resolved disputes in state and federal courts around the country involving restrictive covenants in employment agreements.
- Assisted as national discovery counsel in a multi-district litigation product liability case.
- Led multiple external document review teams.
News & Insights
- Vanderbilt Law School (J.D., 2011)
- Vanderbilt Law Review, notes editor
- Judicial intern for the Honorable Sarah Evans Barker in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- DePauw University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
- Degree: Communication
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2011