Tailored client service for patent prosecution and patent counseling
Richard Roche advises on patent prosecution, patent counseling in matters related to patentability, patent validity, patent infringement and patent licensing.
Richard understands clients want a team approach to legal problems where the lawyer and client work together. He makes the client the center of the legal project by presenting them with various options and detailed explanations of potential consequences, and ultimately letting the client make the choice. Clients vary in what they expect from their outside counsel, so Richard tailors client service to be effective with a range of client philosophies.
Experience in Action
- Obtains U.S. and foreign patent protection – and addresses patentability, patent validity, patent infringement and patent licensing -- for a variety of chemical and mechanical technologies, including:
Chemical technologies like electrochemistry, polymers, biomaterials, inorganic compositions, food science, consumer chemical formulations and chemical processes.
Mechanical technologies such as automotive components, including engines, alternators, fuel delivery devices and batteries.
Medical and dental technologies such as medical implants and related methods for the treatment of the foot, knee, hip, spine, shoulder, elbow and hand; imaging agents for medical imaging; medical devices, including catheter-based systems; and dental methods and devices.
Professional & Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 1994)
- Northwestern University (B.S., 1987)
- Major: Materials Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1994