Represents financial institutions in commercial and real estate loan transactions
Suzanne Johnson has a primary focus on complex real estate lending for all project types, including multi-family, industrial, retail and senior living facilities. She also handles single-bank and syndicated commercial loans, leasehold financing, secured revolving lines of credit, asset-based financing, lines of credit secured by multiple properties and loans with collateral in multiple states.
Experience in Action
- Manages all stages of the financing transaction process, from term sheet negotiations and documentation to closing and ongoing advice, effectively ensuring multiple stakeholders adhere to the agreed closing timeline.
- Representation of agent in construction loans for senior living facilities ($23-$44 million).
- Representation of bank in construction loans for mini-storage buildings ($10-$14 million).
- Representation of agent in $96 million construction loan for office tower that involved EB-5 financing, mezzanine financing and a ground lease.
- Representation of bank in $29.3 million loan for the acquisition of hotel.
- Representation of agent and banks in construction loans for industrial buildings ($22-$61 million).
- Representation of agent and banks in construction loans for multi-family projects, which included ground leases and EB-5 debt ($25-$53 million).
- Representation of bank in $14.5 million loan for the conversion of motels into workforce housing.
- Representation of bank in $100 million secured revolving line of credit.
- Representation of agent and banks in construction and borrowing base loans for homebuilder projects ($9.6-$50 million).
- Representation of banks in venture loans ($2-$15 million).
- Representation of agent in $123 million commercial secured loan.
- Representation of agent and banks in commercial acquisition financings ($13-$50 million).
Professional & Civic Activities
- Chicago Chapter of University of Missouri Alumni Association, board member
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Missouri Law Review and Journal of Dispute Resolution,member
- Florida State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 1997)
- Mortar Board (Member)
- FSU Honors & Scholars Program