Medical and compensation assistance
Whitney Burris provides assistance with medical malpractice, EEOC and workers compensation defense litigation. She organizes and summarizes high volumes of case, medical and/or employment records, and also drafts legal documents such as pleadings, motions and discovery requests. Whitney’s experience also includes:
- Organizing and preparing joint venture board minutes and reports.
- Conducting pre-claim investigations, legal research, interviews and initial case assessments.
- Creating and maintaining large databases and spreadsheets for voluminous cases and trials.
- Conducting legal research, analyzing issues and drafting legal memorandums for review.
- Working directly with risk management to ensure all required licenses are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
Previously, Whitney worked as an in-house paralegal for the central Indiana region of a major Indiana hospital.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer
- Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis (2017)
- Legal Informatics Undergraduate Certificate
- Ivy Tech Community College (2013)
- Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies