Joseph T. Kohn practices in the area of commercial litigation. He has experience in a wide range of matters, from representing individuals and small business owners in local real estate disputes to defending large companies in product liability and antitrust class actions. He represents clients in both state and federal courts and has experience in all phases of litigation, including mediation, trials and appeals. He focuses his practice on complex real estate and business disputes, including financial services litigation, consumer protection claims and title disputes. His recent experience includes:
- Representing national loan servicer at two-day trial in Miami in case involving complex accounting issues and equitable claims, which resulted in a favorable judgment.
- Representing financial services institutions on appeal from adverse trial court judgments in complex mortgage foreclosure cases, which resulted in favorable appellate court decisions.
- Pro bono representation of a Vietnam War veteran suffering from thyroid cancer and asthma before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, which resulted in a favorable order remanding the case for further development.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Kohn opened and managed a small business in Southwest Florida.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Defense
Education and Honors
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Order of the Coif
- Fordham Law Review
- Moot Court (Managing Editor)
- Middlebury College (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar
- The New York Bar
- Collier County Bar Association
- Growing Associates in Naples (GAIN) Class of 2017
- Deutsche Bank Nat'l Trust Co., as Trustee, et al. v. James Sheard, 249 So. 3d 736 (Fla. 2d DCA 2018)
- U.S. Bank, N.A., et al. v. Western Homes, LLC, 245 So. 3d 1011 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018)