Martin Zivitz represents publicly and privately held business clients on corporate matters such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, commercial transactions, private equity investments and a wide variety of other complex transactions. He also advises on the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and helps clients obtain federal antitrust approval of M&A transactions.
Martin works with businesses of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, helping them to close transactions ranging from millions to hundreds of millions of dollars in value. His clients work across multiple industries, including health care, skilled nursing, education, technology energy, manufacturing and distribution, and financial services.
As a former vice president and general counsel for a medical management company, Martin has first-hand knowledge of the challenges his clients face. With an extensive background as both a law firm partner and a corporate general counsel, Martin brings a practical perspective to his clients, helping them to achieve their business goals and objectives.
- Represented a Fortune 500 financial services company in the sale of a $600 million mortgage loan pool to Wall Street financial services companies and investors.
- Lead counsel to a cloud-based donor management services company in its $100 million sale to a growth equity firm.
- Lead counsel to a private equity backed aluminum extrusion business in its $77 million cross-border sale to a Canadian strategic acquirer.
- Represented a professional race car driver in his participation in the Indy Racing League Indy Pro Series.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
- Indiana University – Bloomington (B.A., cum laude, 1997)
- Major: Psychology
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Entrepreneurship Institute-Indianapolis Chapter, former advisory board member
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Indiana Chapter, member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, member
- Young Professionals of Central Indiana, member
- Visiting Nurse Service Foundation, Inc., former board member
- Indiana Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate 2009-2015
- Strathmore's Who's Who Registry & Global Network for Outstanding Professionals, 2009-2019
- Metropolitan Who's Who in Law Honors Edition international registry, 2006-2007
- Cambridge Who's Who Registry Among Executives and Professionals, 2008-2009