Comprehensive California employee mobility counsel
Aaron Schu represents a broad range of public and private employers in all facets of labor and employment law. He has significant experience resolving employee mobility and intellectual property issues on behalf of employers, as well as defending employers in whistleblowing, wrongful termination, wage and hour, discrimination and harassment matters throughout California.
Aaron has a long-standing interest in and understanding of digital forensics, and regularly works with forensic experts and law enforcement in his practice. He applies this deep understanding to gain effective litigation advantages and to assist clients in obtaining the return of stolen data.
- Obtained $75,000 arbitration settlement for publicly traded biotech company in data theft litigation against former employee.
- Obtained summary judgment in Los Angeles Superior Court for construction management company in wrongful termination case by former employee.
- Obtained temporary restraining order, permanent injunction and judgment in San Diego Superior Court against former employee on behalf of publicly traded technology company in trade secrets theft litigation.
- Obtained temporary restraining order, permanent injunction and judgment in San Diego Superior Court on behalf of non-public school in data theft litigation.
- Obtained employee’s voluntary dismissal of all claims against publicly traded biotech company in harassment and data theft litigation.
- Obtained “no charge” determinations from EEOC and California Civil Rights Department on behalf of public entity clients.
- Obtained walkaway settlement for California public entity in disability discrimination and wrongful termination case by former employee following tentative ruling granting summary judgment for client.
- Class Action Defense
- Employment Advice, Counseling and Training
- Employment Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Higher Education
- Immigration & Mobility
- Internal Investigations and Compliance
- Labor & Employment
- Research Institutions & Higher Education
- STEM Center of Immigration Excellence
- Wage and Hour Compliance and Defense
- San Diego Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, (2023: Business Litigation)
Professional & Civic Activities
- San Diego County Bar Association, member
- La Jolla Bar Association, president and director
- Judicial extern, Honorable M. James Lorenz and the Honorable Michael M. Anello, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (2012)
- Law clerk, Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California (2013)
News & Insights
- News Release
- News Release
- Article"Justice Traynor’s “Activist” Jurisprudence: Field and Posner Revisited"9 CAL. LEGAL HIST. 423
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- San Diego Law Review, managing editor
- University of Southern California (B.A., 2010)
- International Relations
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California