Experienced counsel on a variety of commercial real estate matters
Ilene Slate advises clients on a variety of complex real estate transactions relating to the acquisition, disposition, development and leasing of commercial properties. Ilene has a diverse group of clients, including institutional investors, developers and property managers. She represents them on the following matters:
- Acquisition, development and disposition of commercial properties
- Office, retail, mixed use and restaurant leasing, both on behalf of landlords and tenants
Ilene is detail oriented, organized and extremely responsive. She is highly effective in her negotiations with opposing counsel, enabling her to get even the most complicated or contested deals closed for the parties involved in a timely and proficient manner.
- Ongoing representation of a significant institutional real estate investor in connection with the retail leasing and management of seven shopping centers in the southeastern and eastern regions of the United Sates, which collectively include approximately 2 million square feet of rentable retail area with over 200 retail tenants.
- Lead development counsel for a development company in connection with the redevelopment of approximately 11 acres of property located in Scottsdale, Ariz., for a mixed-use development property that includes hotel, residential and upgraded retail.
- Ongoing representation of a national restaurant company in connection with its expansion of leased locations across the United States.
- Represents landlords in connection with the office leasing of Class A office buildings in Phoenix and Tempe, Ariz., totaling over 1 million rentable square feet of space.
- Represents a real estate investor in connection with the development of a mixed-use shopping center in Glendale, Ariz., and Las Vegas.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Arizona State Bar (Member of Real Property Section)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- Journal of International Law and Business (Articles Editor)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 1992)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Illinois (Inactive)