A strategic business partner in U.S. and cross-border transactions
Jennifer Clements advises U.S. and foreign companies on a full range of corporate and transactional matters. Her clients include private and family-owned businesses as well as public companies, for which she provides counsel on:
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A), including private equity transactions
- Corporate reorganizations
- Commercial contracting
- General corporate matters
Jennifer works to be a strategic business partner with her clients, becoming deeply knowledgeable about a client's business and functioning more as part of their internal team than as an external resource. She provides practical business advice and delivers creative business and legal solutions to move her clients’ businesses forward.
Experience in Action
- Advising private equity clients involved in buying and selling companies.
- Serving as outside general counsel, spotting legal issues, providing strategic direction and managing risk for publicly and privately held businesses in general corporate and commercial matters.
- Representing publicly held companies in acquisitions and dispositions of subsidiary corporations.
- Assisting companies with their corporate internal reorganizations, including merging and dissolving various legal entities.
- Advising foreign companies in connection with their acquisitions and divestitures in the United States.
- Representing U.S. companies buying and selling companies in numerous foreign countries.
- Drafting supply and independent contractor agreements and numerous other commercial contracts.
- Advising small business owners and family-owned businesses on shareholder agreements and other governance issues.
- Working with attorneys internationally on acquisitions and general corporate matters.
- Represented Miller Brewing Company in connection with the 2008 joint venture with Coors Brewing Company.
- Represented Molson Coors Beverage Company in the sale of its Irwindale brewery.
- Quarles & Brady Star Mentor Nominee (2016)
- Quarles & Brady Star Mentor Award (2015)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" (2008: Mergers & Acquisitions)
Professional & Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin, member
- Silver Spring Neighborhood Center, board of directors (1999–2001)
- Whitefish Bay High School Duke Pride Board
- Whitefish Bay Hoops Board
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1998)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., with honors, 1992)