Collaborative, pragmatic, goal-oriented finance and business guidance
Nathan Fronk assists clients with public finance and commercial finance matters, particularly tax-exempt bond transactions for 501(c)(3) organizations. He serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, borrower’s counsel and bank counsel on a variety of taxable and tax-exempt bond transactions, including 501(c)(3) bonds for clients such as:
- Independent colleges and universities, and private elementary and secondary schools, including charter schools
- Health care systems
- Senior living providers and other nonprofits
- Industrial development bonds
- Multifamily housing revenue bonds
Nathan works as a trusted advisor and advocate in partnership with his clients to help them achieve their goals. He applies his extensive knowledge of various financing structures, actively listens to his clients’ goals, concerns and objectives, and distills complex financial structures and decisions to achieve his clients’ desired outcome while helping to protect their interests.
Nathan also uses his knowledge of the experience and resources of the firm to connect clients to the Quarles lawyers best suited to help drive their success.
Experience in Action
- Counsels nonprofit clients on a wide variety of public finance matters, including master trust indentures, private business use issues, regulatory compliance, post-issuance compliance and ongoing debt management.
- Assists corporate and lender clients in the development, structuring and negotiation of complex commercial and public finance transactions in multiple states.
- Experienced in a wide range of tax-exempt financing structures, including traditional fixed-rate, variable rate and multimodal structures involving various forms of credit enhancement and liquidity supports.
- Advises businesses related to their organization, financing and expansion through acquisition, merger or sale, recapitalizations, reorganizations and compliance planning.
- Provides guidance to clients – including as outside general counsel – on general corporate and contract matters, including corporate governance, terms and conditions of sale, manufacturing and supply agreements, non-competition and confidentiality agreements, and shareholder agreements.
- Builds client service teams and connects Quarles lawyers and industry resources to clients in the health care, educational, M&A and real estate sectors.
- Serves as bond counsel and issuer’s counsel to the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority on public issues and private placements totaling on average over $1 billion each year.
- Represented underwriters and purchasers in publicly sold and privately placed tax-exempt securities in multiple states.
- Counseled banks in connection with the purchase and structuring of tax-exempt securities from local government issuers.
- Wisconsin Law Journal "Up and Coming Lawyer" (2017)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" (2013-present: Government Finance & Banking)
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2021, 2022: Banking & Finance Law)
Professional & Civic Activities
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, member
- American Bar Association, member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, member
News & Insights
- News Release
- Article"Charter School Bond Financing"National Association of Bond Lawyers
- News Release
- News Release
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (M.A., 2005)
- Political Science
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., with highest distinction, 2004)
- Phi Beta Kappa