Advisor on general civil and commercial litigation
Patrick Proctor-Brown helps clients with a variety of general civil and commercial litigation matters, with a focus on public utility regulation matters and insurance coverage work on behalf of policyholders. He also is experienced in professional malpractice litigation, franchise litigation and litigating complex disputes between businesses.
Patrick is involved in multiple pro bono commitments, including criminal appellate work, the Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic and domestic abuse and truancy prevention.
He served as an infantry platoon leader with the Wisconsin Army National Guard and is now a captain in the Army Reserves. While with the Wisconsin National Guard, he was deployed to Camp Bucca, Iraq, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. For his service overseas, Patrick was awarded the Bronze Star Medal.
- Defended a major Milwaukee manufacturer against a contract claim alleging a breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing, resulting in a favorable settlement during jury deliberations.
- Defended a major international law firm against a nine-figure charge of patent prosecution malpractice.
- Litigated various coverage disputes, such as CGL policies and professional services policies on behalf of policyholders, including coverage for construction defects and faulty workmanship.
- Successfully secured regulatory approval of multi-million-dollar utility transactions.
Professional & Civic Activities
Intern, Judge Lynn Adelman of the Eastern District of Wisconsin
News & Insights
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (M.P.A., 2012)
- Norwich University (M.A., 2012)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.S., 2007)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin