Methodically defending and advising manufacturers in products and commercial litigation
Ray Jamieson is national litigation counsel for one of the world's largest manufacturers of mineral processing equipment and one of the largest manufacturers of material handling equipment, in addition to other market-leading clients. He represents industrial equipment manufacturers in:
- Product liability defense
- Commercial disputes
- Intellectual property (IP) litigation
Clients rely on Ray to help manage risk in all its forms, from concept to design to litigation. He is a vigorous advocate for their products and people, in litigation and at the negotiating table.
Experience in Action
- Defending manufacturers of industrial equipment in multiple sectors, including construction, agricultural, mining, crushing, screening, material handling, metals processing and recycling, pyro processing, filtration and flotation, and bulk mineral processing and conveying.
- Preparing and deposing technical experts in a wide variety of fields, including product design, manufacture, quality assurance, marketing and sales, service, maintenance, repair, accident reconstruction, human factors, biomechanics, design engineering and industrial safety.
- Advising on risk management and prevention strategies, including hazard analysis, compliance with standards, directives and regulations, managing design change and innovations affecting product safety.
- Advising on high-exposure commercial disputes, including contract, warranty, misrepresentation and other disputes involving large capital purchases.
- Advising on patent, trade secrets and other IP disputes, including invalidating patents of competitors and successfully defending patent infringement claims.
- Successfully litigated cases in state and federal court in over 40 states.
- Client-favorable verdicts in multiple jurisdictions involving high-stakes product liability, commercial and IP disputes.
- Successfully secured summary judgment in scores of jurisdictions on behalf of manufacturer clients.
- Successfully secured Daubert exclusions of multiple opposing expert witnesses.
- Successfully negotiated settlement of hundreds of cases involving intensive discovery and highly contested motion practice against determined opposing counsel.
Professional & Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Defense Research Institute (Member)
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business (Certificate of Executive Management, 2013)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1996)
- Order of the Coif
- Clerk for the Honorable Ann Walsh Bradley on the Supreme Court of Wisconsin (1996–1997)
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (B.A., 1991)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1996