A broad base of experience that benefits clients
Tim Hinchman delivers wide ranging municipal and finance law guidance to municipalities and private entities. His work includes serving clients as underwriter’s counsel, placement agent’s counsel, disclosure counsel, issuer’s counsel, purchaser’s counsel and special counsel, as well as providing broker-dealer and investment advisor regulatory advice and support. His array of clients includes:
- Charter schools
- Multifamily housing
- Municipal securities dealers
Strong relationships with issuers, underwriters and deal team participants enable Tim to successfully lead public finance transactions. He began his legal career in real estate law and still provides services in areas such as zoning and land use.
Experience in Action
- Advises clients on regulations that govern municipal securities. Clients turn to Tim as they seek financing in the capital markets.
- Develops policies and procedures for compliance in municipal offerings. Tim works with clients to develop and perform their functions in the municipal securities industry.
- Navigates codes and ordinances to obtain zoning privileges. Tim represents clients in various matters before councils, commissions and review boards.
- Collaborated with a brokerage and investment banking firm to train and support its bankers and compliance team.
- Prepared the offering document and conducted due diligence for the placement agent for the financing of a 66-unit senior living facility.
- Completed three Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) financings for a transit authority’s rail fleet replacement, line and station improvements.
- Participated on the legal team that privatized a metered parking system.
- Secured zoning approval for an American-based multinational fast-food chain to rebuild its United States flagship location.
Professional & Civic Activities
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)
News & Insights
- UIC John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1993)
- University of Illinois Chicago (B.S., 1990)
- Major: Accounting
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois