Rachel Taylor is an attorney in the firm’s Business Law Practice Group. Her practice includes mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracting, general corporate matters, corporate finance, and alcohol and tobacco regulatory compliance. Her recent experience includes
- Representing both buyers and sellers, strategic and financial, in stock and asset acquisitions and divestiture transactions.
- Advising publicly and privately held businesses in general corporate and commercial matters, including business planning and entity formation.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts.
- Representing commercial lenders and borrowers in credit transactions and financings.
- Representing businesses in effecting squeeze-out transactions.
- Serving on the Alcohol Beverage Law Team for the second-largest brewer in the United States.
- Assisting tobacco distributors and retailers with regulatory compliance.
While in law school, she served as a law clerk with The Marcus Corporation, where she researched and wrote memoranda to in-house counsel on a wide variety of federal and state legal issues and reviewed and summarized contracts and lease agreements in preparation for future business dealings.
Prior to entering law school, Rachel worked as an Executive Team Leader at Target Corporation.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Marquette Law Review (Note and Comment Editor)
- Emory University (B.B.A., with distinction, 2008)
- Major: Business Administration
- Concentrations: Marketing and Management
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition 2017 (Mergers & Acquisitions )