Timothy K. Hinchman is a Partner in the firm's Public Finance Practice Group. He focuses his practice on municipal law and finance for a variety of municipalities and private entities. Tim serves his clients in many roles, including bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, issuer’s counsel, disclosure counsel, special counsel, borrower’s counsel, and legislative counsel. He is also a member of the firm's Municipal Securities Dealers Team, which provides broker-dealer and investment advisor regulatory advice, disclosure and underwriter's counsel services across broad categories of transactions, and defends securities dealers in litigation and enforcement actions. He has established good relationships with issuers, underwriters, and deal team participants, helping him to successfully lead public finance transactions.
Tim began his legal career in real estate law, and supports the firm's Real Estate Practice Group to provide a broad range of real estate services in such areas as real estate lending, zoning and land use, tax increment financing, leasing, land acquisition, development and disposition. During his career, Tim has represented clients in various matters before Chicagoland courts, commissions and review boards.
- Special disclosure counsel in connection with the Sales Tax Securitization Corporation’s issuance of $172,065,000 Sales Tax Securitization Bonds, Series 2017A, $400,630,000 Sales Tax Securitization Bonds, Taxable Series 2017B and $171,040,000 Sales Tax Securitization Bonds, Taxable Series 2017C.
- Co-bond counsel in connection with the State of Illinois’ issuance of $4,500,000,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series of November 2017D.
- Co-bond counsel in connection with the City of Chicago’s issuance of $428,640,000 Chicago O’Hare International Airport General Airport Senior Lien Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2015A, $1,191,540,000 Chicago O’Hare International Airport General Airport Senior Lien Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2015B, $195,690,000 Chicago O’Hare International Airport General Airport Senior Lien Revenue Bonds, Series 2015C, and $131,510,000 Chicago O’Hare International Airport General Airport Senior Lien Revenue Bonds, Series 2015D.
- Bond counsel in connection with three (3) Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) financings for the Chicago Transit Authority’s rail fleet replacement, transit line and station improvements.
- Co-underwriter's counsel in connection with the Chicago Transit Authority’s issuance of $1,297,175,000 Sales and Transfer Tax Receipts Revenue Bonds, Taxable Series 2008A (Pension Funding), and $639,680,000 Sales and Transfer Tax Receipts Revenue Bonds, Taxable Series 2008B (Retiree Health Care Funding).
- Special counsel in connection with the Chicago Park District, Cook and DuPage Counties, Illinois’ Chicago Downtown Public Parking Garage System Concession and Lease Agreement.
- Zoning attorney in connection with McDonald’s USA, LLC’s rebuild of its United States flagship location.
- Public Finance
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- UIC John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1993)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (B.S., 1990)
- Major: Accounting
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)