Jon Kammerzelt is a member of the firm's Health Law Practice Group. His experience includes
- Advising hospitals and other health care providers on state and federal compliance issues, including those involving fraud and abuse laws (Stark and Anti-Kickback), Medicare Conditions of Participation, EMTALA, and HIPAA.
- Representing hospitals and other health care providers on mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
- Advising hospitals on various operational matters involving patient care, practitioner credentialing and corrective action, HCQIA/peer review, and professional practice regulation.
- Negotiating and preparing professional service agreements, clinical research trial agreements, and participating provider agreements with commercial insurance plans.
- Assisting hospitals and other health care providers in navigating government investigations and responding to government inquires related to billing and compliance including, without limitation, False Claims Act investigations and CMS surveys and audits.
- Negotiating Medicare and Medicaid managed care plan contracts and advising health systems, hospitals, and multi-specialty physician groups on the applicable state and federal regulatory and compliance issues implicated by managed care plan contracting.
Education and Honors
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- The Maxwell School of Syracuse University (M.P.A., 2010)
- University of Wisconsin–La Crosse (B.S., highest honors, 2005)
- Majors: Public Administration and Political Science
- New York
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Perinatal Foundation (Board Member)
- Access Community Health Center (Audit and Compliance Committee Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Member)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association (Member)
- Named an Up and Coming Lawyer by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2017)