Noleta Jansen is a member of the firm's Trusts and Estates Practice Group. Ms. Jansen works with clients from a variety of family and financial backgrounds on estate planning and administration matters, to ensure smooth asset management and transfer in the event of incapacity or death and to address end-of-life issues. She also represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in trust, estate and fiduciary disputes. Her experience includes:
- Helping clients understand the estate planning tools available and relevant to them, preparing estate plans tailored to their individual family and financial circumstances, and maximizing assets available for transfers to beneficiaries through appropriate tax planning techniques.
- Assisting clients with powers of attorney for health care and living wills, to ensure that their wishes will be honored when the need arises.
- Assisting clients with planning and making lifetime gifts and preparing gift tax returns.
- Advising trustees and personal representatives regarding all aspects of trust and probate estate administration, including court oversight and determination of the appropriate procedure; determination and collection of assets, debts, claims, and expenses; tax issues and returns; and prompt distribution of assets in accordance with the decedent's wishes and applicable state law.
- Assisting clients in obtaining guardianship of incapacitated adult family members.
- Representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in various estate and trust disputes, including claims of breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representing trustees in court proceedings relating to instruction and reformation of governing instruments, to protect rights and achieve desired results.
- Representing trustees regarding trust accounting and termination matters.
- Representing clients in relation to their rights arising under Wisconsin's marital property law.
- Representing creditors in making claims against estates and trusts.
- Estate, Trust & Wealth Preservation
- Fiduciary, Trust and Probate Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2003)
- Wisconsin Law Review (Staff Member; Note & Comment Editor)
- Dean's List
- Order of the Coif. State Bar of Wisconsin 2002–2003 Law Student Tax Writing Competition (Winner)
- Marquette University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1999)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Association for Women Lawyers (Member)
- Milwaukee Estate Planning Forum (Member)
- Barristers Club (Member)
- Next Door Foundation Endowment Committee (Member)
- Milwaukee County Guardianship Assistance Program Task Force (Member; Co-founder and Past Co-leader of the Milwaukee County Guardianship Assistance Program Clinic)
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Inc. Guardianship Clinic (Co-founder and past Co-leader)
- Milwaukee Aging Consortium (Past President of the Board of Directors)
- Selected as a 2014 Five Star Estate Planning Attorney
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013–present: Trusts and Estates)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® -Rising Stars 2008–2009, 2011–present Editions (Estate Planning & Probate)
- Selected as a 2007 Leader in the Law by the Wisconsin Law Journal
- Selected in 2006 as a recipient of the Association for Women Lawyers Pro Bono Award