Intellectual property assistance in technical areas
Lauren Bolcar assists clients with patent, trademark and copyright disputes. She has represented clients in litigation in district courts as well as before the U.S. International Trade Commission, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and in private arbitration. She represents clients across a wide variety of technical areas, including oil and gas, cellular phone technology and touch screen technology.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren served as a trial attorney in the Intellectual Property section of the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Division, where she was responsible for litigating patent, trademark and copyright matters involving the U.S. as a defending party. Lauren devised litigation strategy, managed all phases of discovery, led oral arguments and provided counseling for various government agencies, including the U.S. Copyright Office and U.S. Small Business Administration. Before joining the legal industry, Lauren worked as a process engineer for a Fortune 100 chemical company.
Experience in Action
- Represented a global telecommunications company as respondents in a section 337 ITC investigation concerning a patent dispute related to touchscreen technology.
- Represented a global telecommunications company as a defendant in a district court patent litigation case relating to touchscreen technology.
- Represented a patent owner in an inter partes reexamination proceeding before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) relating to subsea oil and gas well completion systems.
- Represented the defendant in a district court patent litigation case related to online identity authentication systems.
- Represented the defendant in a district court litigation involving alleged copyright infringement and breach of software licensing agreement.
- Represented complainant in a section 337 ITC investigation concerning a patent dispute relating to mobile communications devices.
News & Insights
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of IP Law (2013)
- Seton Hall Circuit Review (Associate Editor, Articles Committee 2012-2013)
- Bucknell University (B.S., 2008)
- Degree: Chemical Engineering
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey