Patent counsel grounded in engineering training
Lauren McComis guides clients on patent prosecution for national and international patent portfolios. She has significant experience with applications both in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and filings under the Patent Cooperative Treaty. She has developed technical knowledge in areas such as:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Internet of Things (IoT) systems and devices
- Virtual and augmented reality systems, including for public safety command and control
- Wireless communications systems and devices, including cellular (LTE), land mobile radio (LMR) and converged technologies
Utilizing her technical training as an electrical and computer engineer, Lauren adds practical value for innovators of electrical and computer technologies, including computer software and hardware technologies.
Experience in Action
- Conducts design analysis and provides clearance and patentability opinions.
- Analyzes infringement risks for new products.
- Assesses invalidity issues and negotiates software license agreements and contracts.
- CALI Award for Trial Advocacy
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2024: Intellectual Property Law, Technology Law)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Bar Association, member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, member
News & Insights
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- IP Law - CALI Award for Trial Advocacy
- Marquette University (B.S., 2012)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- United States Patent and Trademark Office