Bankruptcy and debt representation
Randy Pflum focuses on bankruptcy and insolvency, debt collection and litigation. His experience includes representing clients in various stages of commercial litigation, bankruptcy and Chapter 128 receiverships. Randy also has extensive knowledge of automatic stay, dischargeable debt and related plan confirmation issues.
As a former law clerk to the Honorable Catherine J. Furay, Chief Judge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, Randy has familiarity with the bankruptcy court’s jurisdiction that gives him an invaluable understanding of the court’s processes and a unique perspective on strategies to best assist clients.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Dane County Bar Association (Member)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
News & Insights
- ArticleBenefit to the Estate: A Statutory Rule of Legal Ethics in Bankruptcy PracticeAm. Bankr. Inst. J.
- 2019 No. 3 Norton Bankr. L. Adviser NL 7 Seventh Circuit Review
- 2018 No. 3 Norton Bankr. L. Adviser NL 7 Seventh Circuit Review
- 2017 No.2 Norton Bankr. L. Adviser NL 7 Seventh Circuit Review
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Intern for the late Justice N. Patrick Crooks and the United States Trustee's Office
- Moot Court Board
- Dean's Academic Achievement Award
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (B.A., cum laude, 2008)
- Student Legal Society (President)
- Major: Political Science
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Wisconsin