Trademark counsel with internal U.S. Patent and Trademark Office training
Xheneta Ademi focuses on trademark and copyright litigation, clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement. She also helps clients combat unfair competition practices. Her expertise includes drafting appeal briefs and conducting oral arguments for Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) litigation.
As a former U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) attorney, Xheneta refined her trademark prosecution skills through the examination of thousands of trademark applications. She served on special taskforces, including at the Trademark Innovation Lab and the Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks, where she combated digitally altered specimens, reviewed special Chinese filings, served as subject-matter expert for COVID-19 applications, briefed the examination corps on TTAB caselaw development and was a member of the appeals moot court panel. Xheneta successfully represented the USPTO on numerous TTAB appeals through briefing and oral argument.
Admitted to Illinois and Wisconsin. Not admitted in Washington D.C.
Experience in Action
- Leverages her USPTO insider knowledge to manage global trademark portfolios, solve complex trademark issues and provide strategic counseling to guide brand protection and enforcement for clients in various industries, including consumer products, franchising, gaming, digital assets, blockchain and emerging technologies.
- Litigates inter partes opposition and cancellation proceedings and ex parte appeals before the TTAB.
- Initiates special ex parte Re-examination and Expungement proceedings pursuant to the Trademark Modernization Act of 2020 before the USPTO on behalf of clients.
- Protects the commercial interests, goodwill and reputation of businesses against unfair competition practices, including false and misleading advertising.
- Investigates online trademark and copyright infringement and files Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA) and platform take-down notices.
News & Insights
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 2015)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (cum laude, 2012)