Susan Matejcak focuses her practice on complex real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, leasing transactions, real estate development, and construction documentation.
She advises clients in the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, real estate financing and joint venture transactions, and transactions involving the division of real estate ownership through creating "vertical subdivisions" and commercial condominiums. She has significant experience in drafting and negotiating leases, on behalf of both landlords and tenants, for office, retail, and industrial properties.
She has also represented clients in the negotiation of governmental incentives agreements, complex cross-easement agreements, option agreements, development agreements, and design and construction documentation.
- Real Estate
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
Education and Honors
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- Loyola University Chicago Law Journal (Editor)
- Dean’s List (1984–1986)
- Northern Illinois University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1983)
- Dean’s List (1981–1983)
- Sigma Tau Delta, English Honor Society (Member)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Commercial Real Estate Executive Women (CREW) of Chicago (Board of Directors: 2012 - Present, 2020 President)
- Illinois Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Off the Street Club through Time To Read program (2013–2015, Reading Tutor)
- Working in the Schools (WITS) (October 2008–2013, Reading Tutor)