Victoria Cook is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group. She focuses on preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications and assisting clients with patentability analyses and infringement and invalidity assessments.
Victoria's technical experience is in the biomedical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electrical arts. She has experience prosecuting patent portfolios in a broad range of industries, including medical devices, pool equipment, trucks and trailers, pumping systems, cardiac implantable electrical devices, water treatment and purification systems, imaging systems (MRI, PET, CAT, ultrasound), aquaculture systems, and surgical instruments.
Prior to entering the legal field, Victoria gained experience in both research and industry settings. As a research intern at the Medical College of Wisconsin, she worked on computational modeling of cellular ion exchanger kinetics in mitochondria. As an engineering intern at a large medical device company, she worked on the development of needle-less IV access products with reduced risk of product-related bloodstream infections.
Admitted only in Arizona.
- Patent Prosecution
- Research Institutions
- Technology Transfer
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2016)
- Honors: Order of the Coif; Rebecca and Michael Berch Scholar; Pedrick Scholar
- Certificate in Law, Science, and Technology, with specialization in Intellectual Property
- Activities: Arizona State Law Journal (Managing Editor); Intellectual Property Student Association (Member); Women Law Students' Association (Member)
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (B.S., 2008)
- Degree: Biomedical Engineering
- Women’s Soccer
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2011
Professional and Civic Activities
- Biomedical Engineering Society (Member)
- Tau Beta Pi (Member)
- Eta Kappa Nu (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch," Intellectual Property Law, Intellectual Property, 2022