Isaac J. Roang is the Wisconsin chair of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group. He represents clients in a wide-range of complex real estate transactions, including low income housing and New Markets Tax Credit transactions, real estate finance, acquisitions and dispositions of corporate real estate, M&A transactions, office and industrial leasing, and public finance transactions.
Isaac regularly represents lenders in commercial real estate finance transactions, including those involving tax credits, and represents municipalities in development agreement and tax incremental financing transactions. He also has experience with public finance transactions involving real estate.
Isaac's recent experience includes:
- Sale negotiations for portfolio of commercial real estate throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- New Markets Tax Credits and Historic Tax Credits financing structure for renovation of historic building and development of community center.
- Real estate counsel for nine-figure bond issuance for retirement community construction financing.
- Complex, multi-jurisdictional public/private financing and development agreement for historic hotel.
- Real estate support for 98-megawatt wind farm development.
- Real Estate
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Public Finance
Education and Honors
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2007)
- Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- University of Wisconsin (Bachelor of Music, 2000)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Quarles & Brady Diversity Committee (Member, 2012–present)
- Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity, Inc. (Pro Bono Counsel, 2008–2018; Supervising Attorney of Pro Bono Representation, 2012–2018)
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer Attorney, 2008–2016)
- United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF Board, 2017; Next Generation UPAF Council, 2011–2017; Co-chair of Next Generation UPAF Council, 2014–2017)
- Concord Chamber Orchestra (Volunteer Musician, 2008–2018)
- Milwaukee Public Schools (Fernwood Fund Board, 2013 - 2018; Board Secretary, 2016 - 2018)
- United States Peace Corps (Volunteer, 2001–2003) - served as a mathematics and physics teacher in Kenya, and completed a school library construction project
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars Edition 2016 and 2017 (Real Estate)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2013 - 2017)
- United Performing Arts Fund – Next Generation UPAF Leadership Award (2017)
- Selected as a "Forty Under 40" honoree by The Milwaukee Business Journal (February 2012)
- American Bar Association (Member, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law; Member, Forum Committee on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Member, Real Property Law Section)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Hennepin County Bar Association (Member)