John O'Neal is a tenacious advocate for his clients both inside and outside the court room. John's practice includes the following areas:
- Corporate and commercial matters, including contract disputes, defense and assertion of claims related to officers and directors, shareholder and LLC member disputes, commercial torts, non-solicitation and non-compete agreements, creditor claims, and insurance claims.
- Real estate matters, including title claims, contract disputes, real estate professional claims, commission disputes, construction matters, lien claims, lease enforcement and defense, and administrative claims.
- Securities matters, including defense of state and federal claims.
- Defense and prosecution of professional liability claims and select personal and financial injury matters.
- Obtained dismissal of securities claims against board of directors and officers of a publicly traded company
- Obtained unanimous defense jury verdict for municipality in a $100 million breach of contract/promissory estoppel case
- Prevailed on summary judgement on multimillion dollar claims against a national bank for alleged dangerous real property conditions
- Prevailed at arbitration for investment firm's commission claim
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Securities Litigation
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., 1994)
- Arizona State Law Journal (Staff Writer, Associate Editor)
- Southern Methodist University (B.A., cum laude, 1991)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism (Board Member, 2019-present)
- Adjunct Faculty 2011, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- Judge Pro Tem, Arizona Superior Court (2010-Present)
- Faculty, Arizona State Bar Course on Professionalism (2011-present)
- Speaker, Taking and Defending Effective Depositions, 2007, 2008 - Lorman Education Services
- Speaker, Advanced Depositions in Arizona, 2006 - Lorman Education Services
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- State Bar of Nevada (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona by AZ Business Magazine, 2016
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2011-present
- Top 50: Southwest Super Lawyers, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2013-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated