Jonathan Stone is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Group. Mr. Stone focuses his practice on assisting clients in a range of intellectual property issues, with emphasis in the areas of patent prosecution and patent licensing. His practice includes
- Drafting and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications in the medical imaging, medical physics, and medical device arts.
- Conducting reviews in matters related to patentability.
- Advising on licensing matters, including patent licensing strategies.
Technical Areas of Experience
Mr. Stone's technical experience includes research in the field of magnetic resonance imaging in an academic setting. Additionally, Mr. Stone has prepared and prosecuted patent applications related to the following technologies:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) methods, including
- chemical shift imaging, including water-fat separation and spectral decomposition methods;
- contrast-enhanced and non-contrast-enhanced MR angiography;
- magnetization transfer imaging;
- quantitative MRI methods, including diffusion MRI and parametric mapping methods;
- magnetic resonance elastography (MRE);
- parallel MRI acquisition and reconstruction methods; and
- parallel transmission radio frequency pulse design and coil operation.
- MRI hardware, including radio frequency coils and magnetic resonance elastography drivers.
- Image reconstruction methods applicable to a variety of medical imaging modalities, including
- compressed sensing-based image reconstruction methods; and
- parallel MRI reconstruction methods.
- X-ray computed tomography (CT) and fluoroscopy methods for data acquisition, artifact suppression, and image processing in a variety of clinical applications.
- Ultrasound methods, including focused ultrasound therapy, ultrasound elasticity imaging, and non-destructive testing.
- Fluorescence and reflectance instrumentation software and hardware.
- Medical imaging instrumentation software and hardware in other imaging modalities, including nuclear imaging and optical coherence tomography.
- Systems and methods for radiation treatment planning for external beam radiotherapy systems utilizing photon, electron, proton, and heavy ion treatment beams.
- Radiation therapy system hardware related to tomotherapy and linear accelerator-based systems.
- Catheters for interventional procedures, including catheters for image-guided interventional procedures.
- Orthopedic devices for bone fixation.
- Medical information systems.
- Intellectual Property Strategic Counseling
- Patent Prosecution
- Research Institutions
- Technology Transfer
- Higher Education
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 2012)
- University of Wisconsin (M.S., 2005)
- Major: Medical Physics
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., 2005)
- Major: Physics
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2012
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2008
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)