Sarah Ames is a bi-lingual member of the firm's Business Law Practice Group. She specializes in representing multinational companies, primarily German-speaking companies, and their U.S. subsidiaries with regard to corporate, commercial, employment, and immigration matters. Her experience includes:
- Advising companies on incorporating restructuring, merging legal entities, and corporate governance.
- Preparing and counseling on various agreements, including licensing agreements, terms and conditions of sale, lease agreements, and sales and distribution agreements.
- Advising companies on employment matters such as employment agreements, handbooks, disciplinary actions, and termination.
- Counseling companies on transferring and hiring foreign national, filing business visa applications and advising on general immigration matters.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- International Services
Education and Honors
- University of Alabama School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- University of Alabama (M.A., 1994)
- Degree: German Literature
- University of Hamburg School of Law (Intermediate Examination, 1992)
- Major: European Community Law
Professional and Civic Activities
- Alabama State Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Member)
- Australian New Zealand American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest (Member; Director, May 2018 - present)
- German-American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest (Member). Founding and Steering Committee Member of the Young Executives Committee
- Heidelberg Club International (Member; Chair: 2015)
- World Sport Chicago Athlete Ambassador Program (Member)
- Seven Continents Marathon Club and North Pole Grand Slam Marathon Club (Member)
- Intercontinental Marathon Club (Member, requires running 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days)
- Board of Hamlin Fistula USA (Member, Chair: 2017)
- Board of the International Fistula Alliance (Member, Chair: 2017)
- Alabama Germany Partnership (Member)