Stacy Alexejun is an experienced litigator with a focus on product liability defense litigation and intellectual property litigation.
Stacy has experience defending against product liability claims involving various products, including forklifts, trailers, conveyors, motorcycles, cranes, and lead paint. She regularly manages complex electronic discovery, handles expert and fact witness depositions, and briefs and argues summary judgment and pretrial motions.
Stacy also represents clients in many aspects of intellectual property enforcement and litigation, with an emphasis in trademark, trade secret, copyright, and unfair competition matters. Her practice consists of cease and desist actions, inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, domain disputes, and litigation before state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Stacy served as a law clerk to Justice Annette Kingsland Ziegler of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Her recent experience includes:
- Defended manufacturer of semi truck trailers against strict product liability and negligence claims through final pretrial. Defeated cognitive injury claim by successfully moving to exclude damages expert under Daubert.
- Briefed and argued winning appeal before Missouri Court of Appeals, affirming unanimous jury verdict in favor of major motorcycle manufacturer on claims of defective design and negligence.
- Achieved judgment from Trademark Trial and Appeal Board sustaining beer manufacturer’s trademark opposition on grounds that applied-for mark was likely to cause confusion with Salvadoran beer brand developed over 50 years ago.
- Defended manufacturer of rough terrain forklifts against defective design and failure to warn claims.
- Represented financial services company in significant lawsuit against two former investment advisors, alleging breach of a non-compete agreement, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, breach of loyalty, tortious interference, and civil conspiracy.
- Represented healthcare software company seeking to protect its trade secrets from disclosure under public records law. Obtained injunctive relief prohibiting disclosure of client’s trade secrets.
- Defended gas station against alleged violations of Wisconsin’s Unfair Sales Act. Obtained order favorably interpreting the Act’s meeting competition exception.
- Representation of companies in trademark enforcement programs.
- Representation of companies in patent infringement matters.
- Product Liability
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark Litigation
- Trademarks & Copyrights
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Marquette Law Review (Note & Comment Editor)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Quarterly (Student Editor)
- CALI Awards (highest grade) in Legal Writing & Research I, Legal Writing & Research II, Employment Discrimination, and Labor Law
- Academic Success Program Leader (Teaching Assistant)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., with honors, 2006)
- Major: English
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2009
Professional and Civic Activities
- Special Olympics Wisconsin, Board of Directors (2017-present)
- Operation Fresh Start, Board of Directors (2016-present)
- Inaugural Class of the State Bar of Wisconsin’s G. Lane Ware Leadership Academy (2016-2017)
- Leadership Greater Madison (2014)
- Law Clerk to Judge Michael Bohren, Waukesha County Circuit Court (2007–2008)
- Quarles Cares, Committee Member
- Quarles & Brady Legal Intervention for Nonviolence Clinic
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition 2017, 2018 (Intellectual Property Litigation)
- Received 2019 Outstanding Mentor Award from Wisconsin State Bar Young Lawyers Division