Will Schultz is national chair of Quarles & Brady's Business Law Group, co-chair of the firm's Privately Held Businesses team, and a member of the Firm's Executive Committee. He focuses his practice on representing privately held businesses and their owners in mergers and acquisitions, succession planning and general business and corporate matters. He serves as outside general counsel and as a trusted advisor for many of his clients, including family-owned businesses and private equity portfolio companies.
Mr. Schultz has broad experience in business matters. Before joining Quarles & Brady LLP, he served as the general counsel of a private equity-owned (and then publicly traded) parent company to a global family of manufacturing businesses.
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School Executive Education (2022)
- Leadership in Law Firms Program
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
- Wisconsin Law Review (Note and Comment Editor)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., 1997)
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (Director)
- Marquette University High School (Director)
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2023 Milwaukee Mergers and Acquisitions Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (Mergers and Acquisitions Law and Corporate Law)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyer®- Rising Stars Edition
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2020-present: Corporate/M&A)