Helping your organization unleash the full potential of renewable energy
Capabilities at a glance
- Business-focused, commercially feasible legal advice in a rapidly growing and changing sector of the economy.
- Our attorneys are experienced with renewable energy and related sustainability projects of all sizes, including solar, biofuels, biomass, waste-to-energy and wind, as well as electric vehicle charging, microgrids and battery storage.
- A focus on ever-changing regulation that varies from state to state. As a national law firm with offices around the country and experience from Maine to Florida to California, we can help you across jurisdictions.
- We are at the forefront of the electric vehicle (EV) industry, helping unleash the potential of this growing sector by steering our clients through a range of evolving markets, regulations and funding opportunities.
Innovative legal solutions for the renewable energy sector
The Quarles Energy & Infrastructure Practice Group has a dedicated team devoted to the alternative and renewable energy industries—a sector experiencing dynamic legal, market and cultural change. Our services include pre-project counseling; due diligence; facility siting; permitting; financing; transaction design and support; tax and incentive support; regulatory approval and ongoing compliance for construction, operation, mid-life upgrades and decommissioning; and dispute resolution related to renewable energy and related projects—all delivered efficiently and cost-effectively. Our energy and infrastructure attorneys are excited to work on a pioneering area of the economy, tackling the job with enthusiasm and creativity.
Dedicated legal support for a broad range of energy market clients
We are proud to represent a broad array of clients on renewable energy, sustainability and infrastructure projects, including:
- Public utilities and energy cooperatives
- Companies ranging from Fortune 50 publicly traded corporations to privately held family businesses
- Municipalities ranging from very large cities to small towns
- Non-profit institutions of all sizes
- Project developers and partnerships involved in large-scale energy and infrastructure projects, including P3 matters
- Institutional investors, lenders and other financial services companies
- Startups and venture-backed entities investing in cutting-edge energy projects and business models
- Governmental entities such as international airports and wastewater treatment districts
- Advising on the financing and refinancing of projects, including all types of power generation and water schemes
- Planning, development, environmental and regulatory
- Acquisitions and disposals of assets and companies
- Negotiating agreements
- Structuring complex joint ventures
- Dispute resolution
- We advised a large U.S. municipality on a complex renewable energy procurement contract. At time of closing in 2022, the transaction was reportedly the largest municipal electric supply deal involving a utility-scale new build renewables facility ever executed in the U.S.
- We represented a U.S. international airport in the negotiation of agreements for the construction of a cutting-edge on-site micro-grid involving multiple on-site electric generation sources.
- We represented a leading technology company on energy infrastructure matters to support a $800 million data center development project.
- We represented a leading national retailer on EV charging deployment projects in multiple states, including equipment procurement, charging infrastructure and technology support, and grant and other financial incentive transactions.
News & Insights
- (312) 715-5089
- (312) 715-5023