Environmental & Natural Resources
Counsel with decades of experience in environmental and natural resources law
Capabilities at a glance
- Confident, trusted advisors on an extensive range of environmental matters, including complex regulatory, litigation, government relations and transactional matters.
- We are creative lawyers who build our advice with your goals in mind. We are here to help you ensure environmental compliance effectively and efficiently.
- Dedicated environmental attorneys with years of accumulated technical knowledge, along with extensive experience working with environmental regulators.
- We listen to your objectives and respond quickly and creatively to your concerns, offering exceptional perspective on the shifting sands of environmental legislation and policy.
Clear-eyed, business-oriented advice from leading environmental attorneys
Above all, we are here to help you reach your end goal, whether it relates to your operations, remediation, risk management or resolution of enforcement. We believe it is our job to fully understand your business, its position and its objectives—and provide legal advice to help you achieve your full potential.
We understand environmental issues are often inherently multidisciplinary, which is why we engage our colleagues whose work is dedicated to transactional matters, real estate or litigation, when necessary. Our team will also guide you through the emerging issues surrounding environmental social and governance (ESG) and environmental justice. We know you work in an ever-evolving regulatory and legislative landscape and that the political and scientific climate and public perception also affect your work. Our attorneys are at the forefront of these discussions and will keep you apprised of evolving developments and changes.
A multidisciplinary legal team that always works collaboratively
We are a broad practice with a diverse client base. We work with manufacturers, developers and owners of properties of all sizes, operating in a range of industries, including traditional and renewable energy companies. We advise our clients on everything from the chemicals they use or sell to their obligations around disposal of waste materials and clean air and water. We also work with our infrastructure team on large projects that require environmental reviews and advise companies on their greenhouse gas emissions, sustainability programs and carbon footprint. We are a national firm with offices throughout the United States and are used to representing companies with interests in many locations, before a variety of state agencies and courts, and in transactions that span a range of jurisdictions.
- We successfully negotiated resolution of a federal Clean Air Act enforcement action on behalf of a chemical company that faced allegations that its facility was a major source of hazardous air pollutants and had not installed the required controls. Settlement provided for demonstration of the continued area source status of the source, without requiring additional emission controls.
- Our client suffered a massive explosion and fire, resulting in a multi-count complaint from the state attorney general. We negotiated an agreed order limiting our client’s remediation obligations and allowing our client to move forward with the demolition. We also fended off the state’s asbestos NESHAP claims, resulting in the state’s withdrawal of the claims.
News & Insights
- News Release
- News Release