Eric Johnson practices in the area of labor and employment law, with emphasis on employment law counseling and litigation in Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico state and federal courts.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Eric has been a trusted advisor for clients navigating the impacts of COVID-19 on their business operations and employees. He has provided guidance on remote workforce policies, procedures and training; employee safety; reductions in force, furloughs, layoffs; family and medical leave due to coronavirus or childcare interruptions; ADA accommodations; return to work issues, including temperature testing, salary reductions, social distancing in the workplace, and preventing discrimination and harassment related to COVID-19; among many other challenges.
His recent experience includes:
- Representing national and local employers in litigation in federal and state court, involving the enforcement of restrictive covenants and trade secret protections.
- Defense of various claims of employee discrimination and/or retaliation, including lawsuits based upon Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and other federal and state statutes.
- Defending employers in departmental, administrative, or judicial proceedings involving wage/overtime claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Planning for and defending reductions-in-force and business reorganization (including individual and statistical analysis).
- Advising clients on issues such as employee termination, discipline, harassment, investigations, and compliance with various federal and state labor and employment laws.
- Labor & Employment
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Trade Secrets
Education and Honors
- Indiana University–Maurer School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- University of Arizona (B.A., 1996)
- New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2000
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- State Bar of Nevada (Member)
- State Bar of New Mexico (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015-present® (Employment Law - Management)