Complex litigation representation
Kristin Foster focuses on complex commercial litigation, representing clients in the financial services, insurance, health care, retail and education sectors. She also has conducted internal investigations and represented clients in Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Department of Justice (DOJ), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigations. She has handled a wide range of matters, including:
- Class action defense
- Financial services litigation
- White collar and internal investigations
- Breach of contract and other business disputes
- Represented financial institution in antitrust class action and related litigation concerning swaps trading.
- Represented retailer in class action concerning product labeling.
- Represented captive insurance company in regulatory investigation concerning compliance with the False Claims Act.
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2024: Commercial Litigation)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Honorable Marvin E. Aspen in the Northern District of Illinois, law clerk (2020-2022)
News & Insights
- News Release
- SeminarMilwaukee Office (Webinar replays available December 2, December 14, and January 12)
- The University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 2014)
- The University of Chicago Legal Forum, symposium editor
- United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California, intern
- Northwestern University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin